‘Back home with permanent scars on soul’: Mehul Choksi after returning to Antigua


One day after his return to Antigua from Dominica, the fugitive sea of ​​diamonds, Mehul Choksi, released an explosive tape accusing Indian authorities of “shameless kidnapping”.

In the audio retrieved from India Today, the fugitive Diamondaire has claimed the alleged kidnapping left “permanent scars on his soul.”

“I’m back home. But this torture has left permanent scars on my psychology and physical – more permanent scars on my soul,” said Mehul Choksi in the audio clip.

Choksi, who went missing from Antigua on May 25, was arrested by Dominican authorities for allegedly entering the country illegally. However, Mehul Choksi has consistently claimed that he was kidnapped, tortured and forcibly taken to Dominica.

Read: Mehul Choksi returns to Antigua on bail for medical treatment

“I never imagined that after all my shops were closed and all my property confiscated, the Indian authorities would attempt to kidnap me. I’ve always heard about it, but I never would have believed that they could go that far when I challenge and exercise my legal rights here in Antigua, ”Mehul Choksi continued.

Mehul Choksi spent almost 50 days in Dominica. The Dominica High Court granted him Medical deposit and allowed his travel to Antigua.

In the audio clip, Mehul Choksi dismissed allegations of non-cooperation with the Indian authorities and said he was “always available” for questioning. “I have often said that I am unable to travel for health reasons. Please visit here if you’d like, if you’d like to interview me, or zoom in or something – I’m always available. But I never expected this inhuman and brazen kidnapping, ”he said.

However, Mehul Choksi claimed that he was “seriously” considering returning to India to “prove his innocence,” but now he has concerns about his safety in India following recent events.

“Although I have been seriously thinking about going back to prove my innocence in India until now, my health is very poor and has deteriorated like everything else in the last 50+ days of my abduction. I am very concerned about my safety in India. It was so inhuman and I don’t know if I can return in a normal mental or physical condition, ”he said.

Mehul Choksi is a defendant in the Punjab National Bank fraud case. He and his nephew Nirav Modi are wanted for allegedly siphoning off Rs.13,500 billion in public funds from the state-run Punjab National Bank through letters of commitment.

See also: Mehul Choksi, released on bail, returns to Antigua and Barbuda for medical treatment


Post a Comment

और नया पुराने