‘Take her home or she’d be killed’: Ludhiana woman burnt to death, father alleges harassment over dowry


A 34-year-old woman was allegedly cremated Tuesday in Punjab’s Ludhiana district for dowry from her in-laws. The woman was identified as Mandeep Kaur.

Mandeep Kaur’s father, Surinderpal Singh, lives in Samrala, which is about 30 km from her in-laws’ house in the village of Kakowal Majra.

Surinderpal said his daughter’s father-in-law called to tell him that Mandeep had suffered some burn injuries and was admitted to a civil hospital, the Hindustan Times reported.

“I wasted no time and rushed to the hospital. But by then my daughter had been referred to the Rajindra Hospital in Patiala. She died on the way. When I finally saw her body, I was shocked that she had suffered. “Wounds on the head and jaw, and burns all over the body,” Surinderpal was quoted as saying.

Surinderpal later revealed that his daughter had been molested by her in-laws about dowry and that the attack had started right after their marriage.

Surinderpal said Mandeep married Balram Singh about three years ago and the couple have a one-year-old daughter.

“Balram and her family members attacked my daughter frequently,” said Surinderpal.

Surinderpal went on to claim that Mandeep’s husband Balram had previously told him that he would kill Mandeep if Surinderpal didn’t take her home.

“My son-in-law told me that if I didn’t take her home he would kill my daughter … If I had brought her home in time, she would be alive today,” said Surinderpal.

“We had raised the matter with the village panchayat. Some responsible people in the village helped us to solve the problem, but my daughter was still being abused at her in-laws’ house … If I had brought her home on time, she would do it” have lived today, “Surinderpal was quoted as saying.

Meanwhile, Mandeep’s husband Balram Singh, father-in-law Chand Singh, mother-in-law Rajwant Kaur, sister-in-law Rajvinder Kaur, and brother-in-law Kulbir Singh were posted under Section 304-B ​​(dowry death) of India’s Criminal Code.


Post a Comment

और नया पुराने